Two resources to refresh our practice after the half-term break. Firstly a very useful post from @headguruteacher summarising the core elements of successful practice.
Secondly, a report from Deans for Impact on the science behind classroom learning which summarises the research around six questions:
- How do pupils understand new ideas?
- How do pupils learn and retain new information?
- How do pupils solve problems?
- How does learning transfer to new situations?
- What motivates pupils to learn?
- What are some common misconceptions about how pupils think and learn?
The report looks at the science but also the practical implications for the classroom