Here are the links and logins for our Online Resources. We highly recommend that you use these when you have research projects – the information you find in them will be accurate, trustworthy and at the right level for your work.
Online Resources all use the same login. Please click here for usernames and passwords for all online library resources.
These are great online encyclopedias for Senior and Sixth Form students to use when doing research. World Book Student is levelled for students in Year 7 – 9. World Book Advanced is more complex and also includes primary sources, a biography centre, a CSS feed of current top news stories, detailed maps and audio/video content.
Oxford Online Resources – for Music, Drama and English
- Oxford Music Online
- Oxford Encyclopaedia of Theatre and Performance (part of Oxford Reference) – detailed information about playwrights, directors, actors and theatrical terms.
Naxos – Streamed Audio Resources
- Naxos Music Libary – a wide variety of classical music available as streamed content
- Naxos Spoken Word Library – over 1000 audiobooks available as streamed content
Online Resources – for Reading the World
We have online access to the following journals. All of these use the following log in. Please click here for usernames and passwords for all online library resources. Only one person can log in to each of these at a time, so please log out as soon as you have finished.
- New Scientist
- The Economist
- The New York Times
- The London Review of Books
- PE and Sport Today
- History Today
- All Philip Allan magazines – 20th Century History Review, Biological Sciences Review, Chemistry Review, Physics Review, Business Review, Economic Review, English Review, PE Review, and Psychology Review.
- DownBeat Latest edition (Click here) July 2018
We also have access to E magazine for English students.
We also have online access to Hiragana Times – a Japanese/English language website (print journal also available in the library). This username and password changes on a monthly basis – if you would like to receive updates of the latest password please email email@example.com