To top off a fun and lively half term and to celebrate the children’s amazing work in the Year 3 show Friday was Pyjama day (as a belated Charity Week event). We also went out onto the Chatrium field as a year group and played a range of different games and activities together .
This week has been all about taking to the stage – the children have been so excited to finally share the results of their hard work this term! They have put so much time and effort into making the production spectacular and I am sure you will agree that all the hard work was worth it. Thank you so much for assisting the children with learning their lines and actions for the play, and we’d like to extend a huge thanks to the Class Reps and other helpers for their incredibly hard work making sure that the children all looked brilliant in their costumes. We hope you enjoyed coming to watch; we are so proud of each and every child.
To top it all off, we had our great (belated!) charity pyjama day on Friday and had a whole-year games session on the field to reward the children for all their hard work in the show.
Back in class between shows we have been finishing off writing our own play scripts, including lots of interesting stage directions. We have begun learning about fractions and will carry on this work after the half term break. In Science we have been planning investigations about how shadows change. We’ve also been finishing off our final Quentin Blake inspired pieces in Art, which are looking fantastic!
- School closes for half term at 2:20pm on Friday 17th February, reopening on Monday 27th February (Day 6).
- Over the holiday please remind your child to fill in his or her Holiday Journal. We are not setting separate homework – but some more practise of times tables is always a good idea!
- Parent-teacher conference meetings will take place on Tuesday 28th February and Wednesday 1st March, straight after the half term break. If you have not yet sent in your slip requesting a time please speak to your child’s class teacher after the holiday to arrange a time.
Thursday was a very busy day for Year 3! After the children did a ‘Fantastic’ job in their final Year 3 show performance of Fantastic Mr Fox, we all got our trainers on and went running for the Charity Fun run. Here are some pictures and footage from our fun, but very sweaty run :).
Year 3 have been working so very hard over the past few weeks in rehearsals for our production of Roald Dahl’s Fantastic Mr Fox. The wait is nearly over, the children have learnt their lines, their songs and actions and tried on their costumes. Here is a sneaky peek into next weeks amazing show.
Friday 3rd February 2017
It has been a busy week! Not only was it Charity Week, where lots of fundraising activities took place across the school, but this week we had our first full run through of the Year 3 production, and it is looking great. The children have really grown in confidence and their performances are getting louder, clearer and funnier! We also celebrated Chinese New Year today, with some fantastic outfits and brilliant activities put on by the MFL department.
In Literacy we have continued working on play scripts. We have looked at the classic children’s book ‘I want my hat back’ and turned it into a play script to perform. We will soon move on to making up our own scripts.
In Maths we have developed our knowledge of multiplication and now tied it in with the inverse, division. We have done lots of practice on grouping and sharing and solved some tricky puzzles using our new skills. We will start looking at fractions next week.
In Topic we have continued our investigations into the world of Fantastic Mr. Fox, and spend lots of time rehearsing the production.
In Science we have been investigating shadows. What are they? How do they change over the course of a day? How do shadows change as you move closer and further away from a light source? These are all questions that we have investigated, with some interesting results!
In Art we have continued our use of watercolours to paint some of our own Quentin Blake style pictures and they are looking lovely!
Have an enjoyable weekend,
The Year 3 Team
– Block 3 You-time starts next week, on Monday 6th February
– There is no swimming for 3TO or 3DS on Monday 6th February
– The Year 3 production of Fantastic Mr Fox will be performed to parents on Thursday 16th February.
– On Friday 17th February (the final day of half term) Year 3 will all be coming into school in their pajamas for a 100 Baht donation (also linked to charity week). This is not being done in Charity week as we are getting ready for the show.
Year 3 thoroughly enjoyed the CNY assembly and activities today.